Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Twenty Seven (27) Years of Not Knowing What Happened to My Brother, David… Has Come to an End…

David (4 yrs old)      Me (5 yrs old)
MY LIFE CHANGING

THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY 2013


Twenty Seven (27) Years of Not Knowing What Happened to My Brother, David… Has Come to an End…
     

My childhood could be compared to a field covered in brier bushes, a tangled, senseless mess, full of thorns, with the ability to bring down the strongest of living things in its path, yet I survived.

One of the cruelest, and hardest things that I was forced to except as a six year old, little girl, was the idea of growing up without my little brother, David. We are only 14 months apart in age, even as toddlers, and young children, we had a very strong bond. I loved him very much, so the loss of having him in my daily life was one that left a void in my heart, and a silent pain lingering deep within my soul. As a young child, I missed him terribly, and wanted so badly to know he was happy, safe, and loved. I spoke of him often, and dreamed of the life he was leading. Little did I know that after 27 long years, my day dreams were about to be turned into a reality within seconds. It all started with a letter I received, that lead to a cell number, which lead to the introduction of my little sister. A sister I knew nothing of, 11 years younger than me, and just as cute as a button… After all the joy of meeting, Allyson, my little sister, she mentioned our brother, David.  The minute I heard his name, I couldn't get in touch with him fast enough.  One friend request, many tears, a message, and then a phone call, and we were reunited.  I spent over four hours talking to David, trying to fit 27 long years of life into one endless conversation.  When I realized it was 0400 AM, I reluctantly had to end the call, and try to put my mind to sleep.  Who am I kidding? I couldn't sleep, I was smiling, crying, and thinking about my brother and sister, my lost family, the truth is, I never even went to sleep last night. To say I am thankful, would be an understatement. I am beyond happy, I am ecstatic, and over whelmed with joy. I am so proud of the man my little brother has grown to become, a loving husband, proud father, intelligent, strong, kind, down to earth, and amazing man, he is after all, just like his big sister. The world ripped us apart physically for many years, but blood runs deep, and so does the love of a big sister and her little brother.
This is a Thanksgiving I will never forget. I have my sister, Allyson to thank, from the bottom of my heart, though I did not know her as a child, I am filled with gratefulness that I now have the opportunity to get to know her, and be a part of Allyson’s and David's life, now, always, and forever as a family.

Inseparable @ my group home, David got to visit me! 

Never Give Up & Never Stop Loving & Never Stop Living Life
Semper Fi

Allyson & David, if you are reading this, Happy Thanksgiving!

 I Love YOU Both Very Much!  
!XOXO!

Love Always,

Your Sister, Mindylou

No comments:

Post a Comment